Hair Biography

Curl Pattern: Fia 2c? (big, loopy, loose spirals; tight spirals around face) The (old) photo with my profile gives you a sense, even though the cut is different now.
Texture: medium
Porosity: don't know. Sometimes it seems to take my hair a long time to get fully saturated with water. It dries very fast with no product.
Density: medium
Elasticity: ?? (probably normal)
Characteristics: prone to frizz; limited root curl; very irregular pattern (more consistent in high dewpoints). The curl pattern seems weak in that combing or conventional ponytails will remove most of it, but once the curl is established by scrunching, it doesn't fall out. Instead, my hair tends to get big and poofy, losing definition, if I don't use products with enough hold.

CG/ModCG/not CG: Mod CG

Hair ingredient likes: Hair seems to tolerate most ingredients. I like a number of products with panthenol, glycerin, aloe. I can handle pretty substantial conditioners or leave-ins, and I like good holding ingredients to tamp down the fuzziness.
Hair ingredient dislikes: A few products give me a gunky, producty look (KCCC; DMCJ if I use too much). BRHG made my hair stringy and almost seemed to inhibit curl.

Hard/Soft Water: Hard (well water)

HG/Go-to Products: No product is 100 percent foolproof. The ones that have been most consistent over time are: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner; Giovanni Direct Leave-in; Beauty without Cruelty Leave-in; Duchess of Curls; Curl Keeper.

Average climate/dew points: Dewpoints vary from single-digit to 60+

Fall/Winter combos: leave-in + DoC or AOMM + medium hold, low-humectant gel (like Aubrey Organics B5 Design gel) OR CJ Coffee Coco Curl Creme + gel.

Spring/Summer combos: leave-in + Curl Keeper or Curl Junkie Aloe Fix + medium-to-firm-holding gel

Gels in current (summer) rotation are: LA Looks Sport; Clairol Herbal Essences Set Me Up (works most of year); Giovanni LA Naturals (may work most of year)

Favorite styling techniques and why: Ice Queen (modified to use less condish); scrunching products upside down (both help with root curl); styling hair while very wet and then scrunching with curl-ease towel; airdrying
Techniques that didn’t work and why: Diffusing with anything other than the pixiecurl method; diffusing longer than 1 minute (frizz/dryness); plopping (layers too short)

Hair Twins: Still looking!

Last edited by wavycurly40+; 07-14-2010 at 08:22 AM. Reason: updated