Texaskurl, you need to follow the "heavy" protein treatments like Emergencee with the moisture DT right away. Otherwise, your hair feels hard.

bergasauras, I don't use a soap bar/shampoo after protein treatment unless it's "that" day to do one. I've never had a problem and have been doing this for well over a year.

I got highlights.haircut on Wed. Yesterday, I didn't really have time, so sprayed some of the Nexus Aloxxi Botanical in my hair while I was getting ready to shower, rinsed it out and did the AO GPB as my rinse out. Used John Master's LI, DM Curling Gelly and no gel. My hair looked incredible. Tight curls and no frizz--it looked great all day. I could have had second day hair. Today, I used the Elucence protein treatment. It's moisturizing--I had it in while I did my morning ritual, did 10 minutes with heat, rinsed it out. Did the DermOrganics Mask as my rinse out, shescentit CocoCreme LI, CJ Smoothing Gellie and gel. Ran errands and was out in the wind--my hair still looks great!

My hair loves protein. I will continue to do "lighter" protein until it rebels, if ever.
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix