Questions about scrubs and rinses...
View Single Post
View Public Profile
Send a private message to buckeye
Find More Posts by buckeye
Join Date: Nov 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 at 03:12PM
: Questions about scrubs and rinses...
I have soooo many questions right now, and have been searching for hours and hours and haven't been able to find the answers I'm looking for...I have very thick, oily 2c/3a (I think!) hair...I realize a lot of us with oily hair have to be mod-CG, but I'm trying to avoid shampoo if at all possible...and if I can use cheap ingredients laying around the house, even better!
1. Do you do either a baking soda scrub OR a brown sugar scrub, or do people interchange both as needed?
2. how often is it safe to do these? once a week? once a month??
3. how often is it safe to do an ACV rinse? I've read varying things on this...
4. what do people use for scrubs? add to co, or mix with a bit of oil (jojoba, for example) and massage in?
5. would it be better to wait until my hair as transitioned to the CG method, or can I use these techniques to actually help my scalp adjust?
I know it's probably a try-and-see-what-works-for-me type thing, but I was curious as to others' experiences, especially if you have an oily scalp! Or, if someone could just point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally grateful
on my CG journey since 10/31/09
**2-3ish mix/coarse/med-high porosity/v thick/graying, color treated
YTT/YTC/HSH Pumpkin/CJ CR/AO GPB
pixiecurl diffusing in winter, air drying in summer, Icequeen method, combing right before plopping
glycerin, panthenol, heavy oils, diffusing in summer, Suave Cherry Blossom co, gel
Last edited by buckeye; 11-25-2009 at
. Reason: changed title