If you straighten your hair occasionally, how do you do it?
View Single Post
View Public Profile
Send a private message to princesspie
Find More Posts by princesspie
Join Date: Mar 2011
Tuesday, July 3, 2012 at 01:10AM
I've been trying to figure this out too as I want wash it less in winter... and this is what I've found works best for me so far.
- I condition with something very moisturising (in my case Biolage conditioning balm).
- I apply a lot of leave-in (MOP mixed greens cond) because if I don't my hair looks like straw.
- I apply a few drops of coconut oil as a sealant. Naughty, I know.
- I let it air dry most of the way.
- I blow-dry then straighten.
- If I need to tie it up I use a scrunchie and tie a low, half ponytail so I get a bit of a messy wave at the bottom.
I find if I don't use silicon I can go a week without washing it. I've just got to figure out how I'm going to PT (either by using a PT or cowashing with a conditioner that has protein).
Hair Type: Fine, 3a
Cond/LI: MOP Mixed Greens
Styler: IGA Gel
Overall: Just likes a bit of TLC