It sounds like you have contact dermatitis. I have very sensitive skin and get this quite a bit.

Contact dermatitis - PubMed Health

Irritant dermatitis
is the most common type. It's caused by contact with acids, alkaline materials
such as soaps and detergents,
fabric softeners, solvents, or other chemicals. The reaction usually looks like
a burn.

Treatment includes washing with lots of water to remove any traces of the
irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure to known
irritants or allergens.

In some cases, the best treatment is to do nothing to the area.

Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin
repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. They are a
key part of preventing and treating contact dermatitis.

Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce inflammation. Carefully
follow the instructions when using these creams. Overuse, even of low-strength
over-the-counter products, may cause a skin condition.

Along with, or instead of corticosteroids, your health care provider may
prescribe drugs called tacrolimus
ointment or pimecrolimus cream to use on the skin.

In severe cases, corticosteroid pills may be needed. You will start them on a
high dose, which is tapered gradually over about 12 days. You may also receive a
corticosteroid shot.

Wet dressings and soothing anti-itch (antipruritic) or drying lotions may be
recommended to reduce other symptoms.
My response might be too late, but HTH.
fine/med, dense, low porosity

low-poo: SM Curl & Shine, SM African Black Soap Shampoo
RO: One 'n Only Brazilian Tech Keratin Smoothing Cond.
leave-in: Giovanni 50/50 cond.
stylers: KCCC, KMFUM