I am not that familiar with the laws but in the U.S. why would one not be able to after marriage unless they are a criminal and not allowed to stay? In that case, no it would be very hard. You are always worrying about deportation on some level and hiding. I guess you'd have to be mad crazy in love and be willing to move out of country if the love was that strong. I never say never..(looking at my situation now lol).
Originally Posted by Josephine
I guess it's at the discretion of the INS, but if you once had a legal visa, you have a much better chance of being given amnesty. But if you just came over w/o ever any documentation, you have less of a chance. And if you came here illegally before, were caught and deported and then came back illegally again, you have basically no chance.
Originally Posted by spiderlashes5000
Is it still called INS? Thought it was called something else now...
Originally Posted by curlyarca
It's ICE. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??