The super changed the location of the drainpipe because there is now a door for a basement apartment where it used to be. He said it needs to be 3 feet above the ground because of the door. I think he created a recess in the dirt in the yard for the water to pool into which is loud. I am so tired from not sleeping so many nights. If he refuses to fix it I wonder if an inspector from the tenants rights office in my city can tell him how to fix it.
Originally Posted by Curlswirl
I was going to say...if you want to be a real PITA about, you can call your city's Code Enforcement office and ask them to look at it. Or just contact the owner or management company and explain the problem directly to him/her/them.

We don't have a "tenant's rights" office here so I don't know exactly what that is or what they cover.