Believe me, it's born of experience. And the hangover the next day stinks, too.
So, is it a good idea or a bad idea to wait before making a radical change to one's hair? I'm thinking of going significantly shorter, and I'm nervous that my stylist will try to talk me out of it. (The length of time involved is a week.)
Originally Posted by claudine191
In my experience, it's a good idea to wait. I usually regret hasty decisions regarding my hair. I experiment like crazy during the period while I'm waiting to go to my hair appointment and try different products and techniques to see if anything makes me feel differently. I also talk to the stylist and tell her what's driving me crazy about the current length to see if she's got some other suggestions. I've been thinking about going significantly shorter for the summer myself. The only thing that's been stopping me is the thought of growing it back out when I tire of it. Good luck!