Browsing through the shelves at my local Wal Mart, I was looking for a protein-rich conditioner that was CG as well. You would be AMAZED to find that there are about three that didn't cost an arm and a leg (Nexxus Keraphix was my next choice because they didn't carry Emergencee, but at 17 bucks just wasn't an option this week).

After about ten minutes of ingredient scouring, a pair of very sore eyes, and a headache the size of the Eiffel Tower, I had a yellow bottle of L'oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss in my hands when I spotted a Barbie doll pink bottle on the bottom shelf, almost hiding. It said "pearl protein complex" and "for medium to long hair with curls or waves". Well YAY! That's me! Best of all?? NO CONES!!!

I got to try it for the first time tonight. It's thick - VERY thick. And very rich and creamy-feeling. It has a light floral scent, but it's not overpowering (I'm not a big fan of florals, and I didn't object at all). The best thing though, was when I went to brush it through with my Denman. There weren't ANY tangles! It was like they just dissolved! Then, when I rinsed it out, it was just...gone. No residue or slimy feel at all, but still soft and silky. Clean feeling, but well-conditioned.

And when I went to brush my KY in, my Denman slipped right through. That never happens when I have nothing but water in my hair. NEVER!

Now yes, in the recent past I used sulfates and cones, but even the conditioners with dimethicone that I was using didn't feel this good. I'm really hoping that my hair can cope with this conditioner just a little while...until I can make my $150 KBB order!
BB

http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Last edited by BotticelliBabe; 10-14-2008 at 04:50 PM.