Heeeeeeeeey, Botticelli Babe... I remembered reading your post in here, and even though this turned out NOT to have a cone in it, I came across something else that I thought I should share...

"Type of silicone / water soluable ? / products which will remove it from hair:
  1. cyclomethicone / no / cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine, other mild surfactants or conditioner washing
  2. Ped-modified dimethicone / yes / cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine, other mild surfactants or conditioner washing
  3. Dimethicone copolyol / yes / cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine, other mild surfactants or conditioner washing
Ones that will need sulfate shampoos to remove them:
  1. Dimethicone / no / SLS, SLES, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine, ALS or ALES
  2. Dimithiconol / no / SLS, SLES, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine, ALS or ALES
  3. Phenyl Trimethicone / No / SLS, SLES, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine, ALS or ALES
  4. Amodimethicone / No / SLS, SLES, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocobetaine, ALS or ALES "
Apparently the a-cone isn't so water soluable. Something to keep in mind for future products...
Originally Posted by MimsTX
Hey Mims! Yeah, I knew it wasn't water soluble, but knowing that made me wonder why so much Deva stuff used it. Apparently it's the tendency it has to not build up, what with its chemical composition and all. I can see how you'd need at least coco-betaine to remove it if it did build up on you, or you wanted to clarify and remove all traces of cones though.

I'm just gonna hope that the formula of this one hasn't really been changed and keep buying it as long as it doesn't!
BB

http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Last edited by BotticelliBabe; 10-13-2008 at 04:50 PM.