Wet Hair Before Bed? How to style?
If your like me you shower at night maybe 30 minutes before you go to bed. And then just sleeping it normally on a towel makes it horrible in the morning!
I want to know some ways to do your hair before bed, and then it will either be really curly ringlets, wavy, beach waves, straighter! Anything you go that can give me a new look before school. Thankyou.
You could try plopping, pineapple, sleeping in a satin scarf/bonnet, or braiding it damp..
I second the pineapple (look it up). It pretty much gives you your natural curly hair in the morning. Having a braid down the back could give you waves.
Hey! I also shower at night a bit before I go to sleep, and I do most of my hair stuff at night so I don't have to worry about it in the morning. Here's what I do:
- Shampoo hair then leave conditioner in for 5-10 minutes as I finish my shower
- After I'm done, apply mousse in my hair while it's still soaking wet and scrunch it in upside down
- Dry my hair with a t-shirt, or just squeeze out water without drying it (I just stopped using a regular towel to dry my hair and noticed it was less frizzy)
- After I've scrunched, I gather all my hair into a pineapple, tie the hair band so it's pretty firm hold but not extremely tight, then quickly scrunch over the pineapple
- I don't apply any other products, usually only either mousse or oil replacement
- Wait about 30 min to an hour and go to bed while my hair is still wet in a pineapple.
- I wake up the next morning, get dressed with the pineapple still in, then gently take out the hair band after I've gotten ready and my hair is very nice and curly and not a frizzy mess like it used to be when I just slept on my hair alone. I might add in a bit of leave-in conditioner or anti-frizz, but I tend to avoid it.
I have tried putting my hair in a braid before bed before and I found my hair is still curly in the morning but it tends to look more "wavy" and limp. If you're going for a wavier look, it might work but my hair still looked pretty frizzy with it.
I hope this helped you figure out what you want to do a little! I'm 17 and going to be a senior this year so I understand that "need" for your hair to look good every day ;) Good luck.
I just spread my hair over my satin pillowcase. That works well. But sometimes I just pineapple, which gives me tighter, bouncier curls. If I make two or three braids, I get beach waves. And with a single braid down my back, I get wavy/s'wavy hair! Hope I helped some! :)
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:44 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com