Has Anyone Else Had A Bad Reaction to the DevaCurl Scent in The Products?

Has anyone had a bad reaction to the DevaCurl scent??
Need some advice or opinions from anyone who had the same reaction to the DevaCurl product line after using it for awhile...
So I had the DevaCut from a salon in Chicago; that turned out great! The salon and my stylist were wonderful and it was a fun experience! BUT...They used TONS of product in the salon....No-Poo, One Condition, Frizz-free Volumizing Foam, B' Leave-In, and the Curl Maker; which I know is part of the whole Devacut/Devacurl experience. I was a regular user of No-Poo and One Condition and that seemed great. Yet, AFTER my new DevaCut and all the product overload I was a bit sniffly; but i had just got over being sick, and disregarded it. Later I used ALL the same products at home in the shower and my eyes starting running and my nose was super sniffly. Again I ignored it. The SECOND time after that I did the same routine once again in the shower and the fumes from all the products made my eyes teary and itchy and my nose runny and super itchy. THEN, I just tried the No Poo, and couldn't get past the smell. So i'm guessing it was the products. So sadly, I guess I'm moving on from Deva Curl. I recently purchased Ouidad trial sets from Ulta; Ouidad Curl Quencher (smells good, seems promising) and Ouidad Vita Curl. (Yes I know it's not Sulphate, Paragon or Silicone Free) So I'm trying those. I did like the definition I got from the DevaCurl products, yet I did feel my hair was super coated and now I'm wondering if the definition was from just totally over coating the hair and not from the good qualities of the ingredients themselves. Has anyone else had any similar experiences?
Yes. I had to give away my Decadence conditioner. When I used it I was sneezing all day long and had a sore throat. This happened every time. Really disappointed.
3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Matrix biolage cleansing conditioner, several low poo's
Conditioner - Giovanni smooth as silk, Tresemme perfectly undone, Curl Junkie smoothing lotion
P/T - Aubrey Organics gpb, Curl Junkie repair me
D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey mask
Styling - Paul Mitchell round trip, Paul Mitchell super sculpt glaze, Jessicurl rockin ringlets & spiralicious gel.
I didn't have a serious reaction but I very much disliked the smell of any Deva products I tried. Very chemically smelling.
--I'm located in Western PA.
--I found NC in late 2004, CG since 2-2005, started going grey in late 2005.
--My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
--My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
--My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...-progress.html
StephC79, wow, that is disappointing! mine happened after i bought the rest of the styling products after my devacut session and i used it again at home. I'm wondering if i went into allergy overload from excessive exposure. how long were you using the products before it happened to you?
jeepcurlygurl, I liked the smell at first; but it was so overwhelming! plus frankly, i hate putting tons of product in my hair and yeah the curls are defined but they're also "over coated" with an insane amount of product. I felt like it was being coated with vegetable oil.
Originally Posted by SCARLETROSE
It started from the first use for me but I didn't realise what it was. It soon became very apparent it was the new conditioner unfortunately.
3A with tight ringlet underlayer.
Mixed porosity, medium texture and density.

Cleaner - Matrix biolage cleansing conditioner, several low poo's
P/T - Aubrey Organics gpb, Curl Junkie repair me
D/T - Shea Moisture manuka honey mask
I wasn't paying attention to my reaction and i thought it was basic allergies or cold weather. When I started doing the "squish to condish" routine of bending over in the shower and adding the conditioner to my hair, then the fumes got me. It made my eyes runny and my nose crazy itchy for days afterwards. Plus it dried out my facial skin; I guess from the product rinsing over my face in the shower. I saw they have "Hops" as an ingredient in all their products; which is a plant in the Ragweed family! Wondering if there's a connection. You have beautiful hair and great defined curls!
So I tried those Ouidad Sets...Ouidad Curl Quencher and Ouidad Vita Curl, awful! Curl Quencher dried out my hair and made it a fly away, dried out, horrible, random weird curled, frizzy mess. I just returned the Vita Curl; didn't even want to try another set. Although I do use "Ouidad Botanical Boost Curl Energizing & Refreshing Spray" which my hair loves and makes it bouncy and springy. Picked up the "Living Proof Curl Travel Kit"... tested a clump of hair with products and it felt like greasy vegetable oil. Done with that. I picked up AG Re-Coil at Ulta and gave that a try...Eureka!
I used "Aveda Be-Curly Shampoo", a nickel sized amount of "Hask Coconut Milk and Organic Honey Curl Care Deep Conditioner" as a rinse out conditioner, and the "AG Re-Coil Curl Activator" through wet hair, plopped in a t-shirt and left it. After about 30 minutes, took it down and Diffused dried. Put in a little more product to finish. Super great hair! Soft defined curls, no frizz, full of volume.
Goodbye DevaCurl!

Current Products:

Shampoo- Aveda Be-Curly
Rinse Out Conditioner- "Hask Coconut Milk and Organic Honey Curl Care Deep Conditioner"
Styling- "AG Re-Coil Curl Activator"
Refresher (for now)- "Ouidad Botanical Boost Curl Energizing & Refreshing Spray"
Hair Spray (for now)- "Aveda Brilliant Medium Hold Hair Spray"

2C/3A Fine Hair.
(Need to update that profile picture, that was before the DevaCurl cut...which was great! Products however are not.
Goodbye DevaCurl!

Current Products:

Shampoo- Aveda Be-Curly
Styling- "AG Re-Coil Curl Activator"
Hair Spray (for now)- "Aveda Brilliant Medium Hold Hair Spray"

2C/3A Fine Hair.
Deva products tend to give me massive headaches due to the scent. I've tried them a couple of times (I have migraines occasionally, so I wanted to make sure it wasn't a coincidence), but the scent just makes me literally ache.
Getting back into CG after several years of chemically straightening and pixie cuts
I'm sure we're not the only ones with reactions. Happy to finally get all the massive coating off my hair. Worried now though because I got the Devacut they slathered with products, and now that I've stopped their products, my hair is all over and I have to start all over with products. Love the AG Re:Coil so far. Probably going back to Aveda or Redken; but seriously considering trying the rest of the AG line.