Transitioning and scared

Hello everyone, I am new to this site which comes highly recommended by others. I am currently 5 months without a relaxer and have microbraids soon to be removed. I am scheduled for kinky twists in a week and I am seriously contemplating the BC right now. But as with many others I am scared. I have been growing my hair and decided that I loved the look of natural hair. And I can always blow it out or wear it curly.

I have done this before but I used a texturizer, which is not what Im going for now, but I want that same look. Another issue is its beginning to get cold as I live in the DMV area, and I dont want to get sick with a wet head every morning. Now could that just be my excuse for attempting to prolong, maybe? But I really want this. Any suggestions????
Hi there and welcome!
Big chop is a big decision, but from my experience, most everyone who does it is happy she did!

I moved your thread here to get a few more responses.
Gretchen co-founder

You are beautiful!
I think that if you are not ready you should wait. You already said that you are scheduled to get kinky twists so I wouldn't worry about it right now. Wait until you take the twists out to bc that way you'll have a little more growth and you'll be closer to the length you're used to.
I agree with IAmJordanNIcole. You should wait until after you take out your twists. See how much growth you have after that and see if that is a length that you a more comfortable with. I would just focus on keeping ends trimmed and a good wash and deep condition before you put in your twist. Good luck with your journey.

Trending Topics

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011