Girls with Curls by Dippity-Do... any reviews?

Just wondering if anyone has tried this new line. Saw it at Target (Canada) last nightI can't find an ingredient list but I know it's sulfate and paraben free.

1 Answer

I just wrote a few reviews for Makeupalley:  Dippity-Do Girls With Curls GeléeA great find! I have 3b frizz...I mean curls...a little below my shoulders. I spotted the bright pink bottles of Dippity-Do Girls With Curls on the shelf in Walgreen's. Immediately my memory conjured up childhood evenings where I'm sitting on the vanity in the bathroom and my mother is setting my hair in pink sponge rollers, with green, gooey Dippity-Do. Partly because of nostalgia, I read the ingredients in each product in the line, and, I was excited to find that this gel is sulfate-silicone-wax-glycerin free! This gelee is a fun, pretty raspberry pink color, and its texture and scent are reminiscent of the vintage Dippity-Do. It is a "jiggly" jelly that can be used on wet or dry hair, and it can be used as a refresher. It is excellent for keeping definition in my hair, and it's weightless! My hair is all definition when it's wet, but as it dries it usually turns into frizz, no matter what I use. This product is one of the finest I've found for sealing the definition in my hair. It doesn't flake or turn white, and it doesn't have a "hard" dry. There's a slight crunch, but it's not the globbed-up kind of crunch that absolutely must be scrunched. This doesn't dry out the ends of my hair, either. Dippity-Do Girls With Curls Gelée is along the lines of Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls,at a fraction of the cost. This product is also somewhat similar to Eco Krystal, however it has a lot less protein, it contains panthenol and aloe vera, and it's glycerin-free (glycerin and proteins are difficult for my low-porosity hair in my dry desert climate). I highly highly recommend giving this a try!Dippity-Do Girls With Curls Curl-boost SprayTerrific refresher for second/third day curls, and all-day-long frizz busting! This does contain Amodimethicone, but it seems to wash out well with my cleansing conditioners and sulfate-free cleansers. Occasionally (2x a year or so) I'll do a "clarifying" wash with a clarifying shampoo or Suave Strawberry, but I haven't found Amodimethicone to be a problem for my 3B, low porosity curls. This spray is not sticky, and it does a great job reactivating the Girls With Curls Gelee. It's wonderful to find a useful product for such a cheap price!Dippity-Do Girls With Curls Curl Defining CreamThis is nice for moisture, but for definition I need to use it with the Dippity-Do curl gelee. When I discovered the curl gelee alone gives me great definition, I decided I won't need to repurchase this cream. This is similar to a leave-in conditioner, and it has very light hold. Unfortunately, it's not strong enough for my frizz. I've been using it as a second/third day refresher, and I like it best used this way. It smooths out all the rough, brittle texture, and it imparts shine. If you want moisture with light definition and hold, you should try this for sure; especially at this low price.Dippity-Do Girls with Curls- Curl ConditionerIt's an amazingly good drugstore find! It's a very gentle, dimethicone-free conditioner that detangles and adds a touch of moisture.. It's nothing fancy, but does what it says it will do. I like that it's a 13.5 oz bottle (I'd like it even more if it was a gallon), and it's under $6.00!Dippity-Do Girls with Curls- Curl ShampooFor the price I'm giving this 5 lippies. It's an amazingly good drugstore find! It's a very gentle, sulfate-free cleanser that bathes the scalp and refreshes hair. It's nothing fancy, but does what it says it will do. I like that it's a 13.5 oz bottle (I'd like it even more if it was a gallon), and it's under $6.00! Those of us with curls are used to sickeningly huge spending on products in attempt to control our hair. It is really, really nice to find something so cheap that doesn't have Sodium Laureth Sulfate or Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, etc. This removes product from my hair without over-drying, and the pink packaging is retro fun.