What are the major bad ingredients?
what are the top bad ingredients that are found in some CG products?I know alcohol is one. But what are a few others that will do more harm than good to my 4b/4c curls?
BY: anonymous_143326 ( 4c ) | 3 years ago
Depends on the hairtype, but number one and number two on the list are sulfates and silicones.
BY: susonnahg ( 2a ) | 3 years ago
There is no such thing as "bad ingredients" there are however ingredients that people find don't work for their own individual hair these include:
1. Sulphates commonly found in shampoos as some people find these dry their hair out.
2. Non-water soluble silicones found in shampoos, conditioners, styling serums and other stylers. These coat the hair and don't allow moisture to penetrate the strands leading to dry hair.
3. Alcohols such as isopropyl alcohol which can dry the hair out.
4. Proteins which coat the hair and can lead to dry, brittle hair.
5. Polyquats which can build up and leave a film on the hair.
6. Butters such as shea butter which can build up and leave a film on the hair and scalp.
7. Mineral oil which can build up and leave a film on the hair and scalp.
As people are individuals some people find that using mineral oil based products and washing them out with sulphate containing shampoos gives them nicely defined curls, kinks and/or coils, while others have to keep away from products containing those ingredients.
BY: anonymous ( 3c ) | 3 years ago
Answer this question
Please log in to add your answer.