Uses of Monoi Tiare
Monoi Tiare Products
- EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi Hair Milk
- EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi Moisturizing Shampoo
- EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi Revitalizing Conditioner
- EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Hair Oil
- EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi Deep Conditioner
- Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo
- Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner
- Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
- Wild Woozle Tiare Pomade
Gardenia tahitensis contains many useful chemical constituents that contribute to the medicinal qualities of Monoi Tiare. These include:
- Linalool—a volatile oil with antimicrobial qualities
- Methyl salicyclate—a liquid ester that eases muscle and joint pain when applied externally using therapeutic massage.
The union of Tiare (Gardenia Tahitensis) with highly refined Tahitian coconut oil produces aromatic oil that penetrates and hydrates the hair and skin. It seals the surface of the scalp, hair cuticle and skin, preventing dryness. It is renowned for protecting the skin and hair against salt water and sun damage. The oil is hypoallergenic, moisturizing and nourishing. The Tiare extract has excellent rejuvenating and conditioning benefits for the scalp and hair cuticle. Minor scalp irritations and itchy scalp is alleviated.
Monoi Tiare Hot Oil Treatment
Monoi Tiare is an especially effective hot oil treatment. To create a Monoi Tiare hot oil treatment, heat an appropriate amount of the oil for your hair thickness and length (between ¼ cup and 2/3 cup) in the microwave (about 1 ½ minutes) on high. Allow to slightly cool. Apply warm Monoi Tiare to the ends of hair where split ends occur and to the scalp. A clean, dry paintbrush is a handy tool for applying the warmed oil to scalp. Part hair in small sections as you work. Work quickly, otherwise oil will get cold. Put on a plastic cap; sit out in the sun if possible or under a dryer for 30 minutes. Alternatively, cover head with a bath towel to retain heat. After a half hour, shampoo thoroughly and rinse.