Sick and tired of your same old curly hair styles? Need a break from that afro, protective style, bun or ponytail? We hear you!
Curly hair may be versatile, but it's easy to get stuck in a style rut! Buns are easy, accessories are cheap, and a ponytail gets its all out of your face! So we went looking for easy ways to change up these tired curly styles without spending 45 minutes on a twist set!
Skip the Cut, Get the Look
Tired of the same old boring long hair? Then, it’s time to create a whole new look for yourself!
- Section your hair in half from the top of each ear. Temporarily clip the top half on top of your head. Then take the bottom section and tightly secure it to your head, pinning it closely to hide that section of your hair.
- Take the top section of layers down and pin loose pieces that are longer than the rest up to even it all out to length of hair to create a bob. Make sure it feels secure so it will last all day long.
- Type 2 (Wavy): Use a hard hold gel on your hair before drying and scrunch it in upside down to create lift and to ensure that the waves will last all day. If you have short layers in the front, leave a few out to accentuate your face.
- Type 3 (Curly): Create a deep side part while your hair is damp to show off your curls. Use a medium hold gel on your hair to keep the curls in control and the frizz away.
- Type 4 (Kinky): Apply a smoothing cream all over your damp hair being careful not to pull apart any of the curls while pinning; this will only make the hair frizz. Use a hair serum or hair oil while pinning to keep the frizz down and to add shine to your new 'do.