A chic and stylish holiday hair style for any occasion.
Lots of parties and events are coming your way this holiday season, so why not go for something a little more unique? This double pompadour is a holiday hair style that certainly fits the bill!MORE: Wavy Holiday Updos or Curly Holiday Updos
The double pompadour is essentially a pompadour and a high bun — a very chic and stylish holiday hair style. This style is so versatile that you can create this on either freshly washed hair or an older twist out. So let your individuality shine and go for the double!
Double, Double, No Toil or Trouble
- Starting with a twist out, spritz your hair with water first to add moisture, and then follow with a butter to lock that moisture in. Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love offers loads of moisturizing benefits and does the trick nicely for this style.
- Separate the piece of hair that you’re going to use to create the pompadour in the front and secure with a hair clip.
- Smooth a small bit more of the butter on the back of your hair, focusing on the nape. Pull the remainder of hair up into a high ponytail and secure with a scrunchie. This is going to be the high bun.
- Take the hair in the ponytail and fold back, creating a hump. This can be easier if done in two or three sections in order to create the shape you like. Secure each section with a bobby pin.
- To create the front pompadour, take the front section of hair and roll backwards like you are adding a hair roller, in the direction of the bun. This gives more shape and substance to the pompadour. You can secure the section with either bobby pins or a single hair comb.
- If you like, you can add a bit of gel to the smooth the back and edges of your hair. The medium hold of Curl Junkie Aloe Fix Lite Hair Styling Gel will help to keep frizzies at bay.
- As a quick tip, you can use the end of a rattail comb to “lift” the pompadour and bun to create more height or to even out the sections.
Again, because this holiday hair style is highly adaptable, you can transform an existing twist out or create this from a fresh wash. Creating and securing the high bun and pompadour should take you less than 20 minutes.
Still wondering if you should spend the extra time to get a protective style? Let DeDe explain why she loves protective styles, and why she knows they work!
A great protective holiday hair style, this look could last close to a week — just remember to moisturize often. Don’t forget to tie on your satin scarf at night to keep your hair smooth and frizz free.