Now we already know that green tea is chock full of antioxidants and drinking it can have many benefits for the body, but have you ever used this tea to rinse your hair? NaturallyCurly user springrolls uses it on her Type 3b curls for shine and manageability. She says "add this to water washes between your shampooing/co-washing days for shiny obedient hair." NaturallyCurly user Unbreakableburr uses this mix every day, and her tip is "instead of pouring the whole thing I've put it in a bottle and left in the shower, and it always makes my hair look awesome. Simple, clean, smells great."
What You'll Need
- 1 Green Tea Bag
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 Table Spoon of vinegar (I used non fruit, ACV is also okay, whatever you have at hand.)
- Detangle hair. I prefer my hair oiled in advance before water washing.
- Make one cup of green tea.
- Add the vinegar.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Pour the mixture on your wet hair.
- Let it sit in your hair for about ten minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
Feel free to customize this recipe for your own curls' needs, and if you do let us know what substitutions you made in the comments!