Here are some great no-heat styling methods for wavy hair that will enhance your waves.
It’s important for ladies with textured hair to watch the amount of heat that they apply to it. Too much ironing and blow drying can strip your hair of its natural oils, leaving it dry and unattractive to say the least. But you don’t have to sacrifice style to be all natural. Here are some great no-heat styling methods for wavy hair that will enhance your waves.
1. Overnight Braids
Braiding your hair will give you crimped looking waves that have a “I just got back from the beach” look. It’s incredibly simple and effortless. All you need are rubber bands and your favorite product.
- Wash and condition your hair before braiding.
- Apply a lightweight mousse that won’t weigh down your waves.
- Braid your hair when it is about 80% dry.
- Grab pieces of hair in 1 inch segments (the smaller the segments, the thinner your waves).
- Braid each piece, securing it with a small hair tie.
- Sleep on it and release the hair ties when you wake up.
- Ruffle your hair and spritz it with water to reactivate the mousse.
If you don’t know how to braid hair, here’s a video tutorial by Expert Village on how to do a fishtail braid.
Read More: 3 Tips for Drying Wavy Hair
This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 28th, 2012 at 1:45 pm and is filed under Care Methods, Wavy Hair (Type 2a), Wavy Hair (Type 2b), Wavy Hair (Type 2c). You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.