There's nothing quite like naturally tousled waves created by sea breezes, the light hold and definition you get from salt water, and subtle highlights from the sun. But we're doing our best to recreate them at home! This is one of our simplest recipes to date. Simply add equal parts gel and salt to water.
What you'll need:
- Spray bottle - you can reuse an empty product bottle
- Sea salt - not table salt
- Gel - we used Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle
The quantities will vary based on the size of your spray bottle, but for our small spray bottle we used one teaspoon of gel and one teaspoon of sea salt. For a larger bottle increase those amounts accordingly.
- Fill your bottle halfway with water
- Combine all of your ingredients into the spray bottle
- Shake the bottle until salt has dissolved
- Spray the mixture onto damp or dry hair
- Scrunch the ends of your hair to encourage your curls
Watch the video