Tips for getting an “edgy” look that you can sport for a night on the town.
Exaggerate the Volume
There are several ways to achieve voluminous hair, but for this style, we want to really exaggerate the level of volume. Remember, edgy means pushing the envelope, so take whatever level of volume you’re comfortable with and raise it just a bit. When combined with a sleek outfit, big hair can be quite sexy. Here’s how you can get a sexy, full head of hair:
- After washing and conditioning your hair, spray root lifter onto the roots of your hair and comb it through the crown of your head.
- Apply your favorite product and diffuse your hair until it is about 50 percent dry.
- With your hair still damp, turn your head upside down and blow dry your hair without the diffuser until it's completely dry. This will give you volume on the sides of your face, not the top of your head.
- To get volume on the top, section your hair into two layers: top and bottom. Clip a small portion of the top aside. Back brush the bottom layer, brushing from the middle of your hair to the top of your head.
- Use a curling iron to wrap random pieces of hair all over.
- Mist on a hair spray or lightly apply mousse; you don’t want to weigh it down with heavy spray or gel.