This week in London, Taylor hosted a "haircut party" gathering friends like Cara Delevingne and Ellie Goulding backstage to watch as she cut her hair into a new shoulder-length bob. All the fun was captured on Instagram.
George the salon in Chicago is already seeing the 'Swift effect', receiving calls from women asking if the salon can host a "haircut party" just for them. If you've been deliberating and consulting all of your friends for months over whether or not to big chop, this may be the answer. "Sometimes big changes are difficult for us and the support of your friends and family makes it easier to go through a drastic cut," says George Gonzalez owner of George the salon. "Especially if you are nervous about a big length change, a haircut party is a great way to transition into your new style and have fun while doing it."
Tips for Hosting a Haircut Party
- Give back: Connect your haircut party with a local charity and donate your hair.
- Location, location location: Create a night out at the salon or ask your stylist if they travel off site for special occasions.
- The more friends the better: Their support can be that extra push you need to go through with a big hair change.
- Snap it: Share photos of your favorite cuts for feedback and style suggestions as you gear up for the chop.
- Have fun with it: Bring some bubbly or wine to the salon for a new take on girl's night.
Watch the Video