“Excuse me while I kiss the sky.” - Jimi Hendrix
Why: Genius, Passionate Guitarist
Birth Name: Johnny Allen Hendrix
Date of Birth: November 27, 1942, Seattle, WA
Date of Death: September 18, 1970, London, England
Hair Type: 4a
What We Recommend for Hair Like This
- Can we get on the guest list?
- Try Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner to detox and detangle those tresses.
- Hendrix was entirely self-taught on the guitar, and played upside-down because he was left-handed.
- Toured with Little Richard and played on multiple tracks for him, including "Whole Lotta Shakin'."
- Influenced many guitarists, among them Eddie Van Halen, Prince and Stevie Ray Vaughan.
- Playing with The Who in 1967, he witnessed Pete Townshend smash his guitar onstage. Not to be outdone, Hendrix set his guitar on fire.
- Sadly, Hendrix became a member of the "27 Club" when he overdosed on barbituates. The 27 Club is named for famous musicians who died at the age of 27 (including former girlfriend Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison).
In this Jimi Hendrix video, Hendrix performs Hey, Joe