Not every curly girl was born with big voluminous curls. If you are a fine-haired curly with thinner tresses, you may find that you're always looking for ways to plump up your curly coiffure. With the right tips and tricks, you can pump more volume into your hairstyles!
Celebrity hair stylist Tippi Shorter has a few tricks up her sleeves. Watch as she takes beautiful, but rather limp locks and styles them into gorgeous lively curls with some of Pantene Pro-V's new curl-friendly products. Here are some tips on how to achieve the look:
- Shampoo and condition your curls with Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Shampoo and Conditioner for a fresh start.
- Detangle your hair with Fine Hair Solutions Anti-Breakage Detangler and wide tooth comb, your fingers or a detangling brush to improve your detangling process.
- Smooth and scrunch your curls with a cocktail of Pantene Pro-V Curly Hair Style Curl Shaping Gel and Pantene Pro-V Normal-Thick Style Flowing Body Mousse for excellent body and curl definition. Use only a bit of the gel and more of the mousse so that your fine curls don't get weighed down.
- Attach some duckbill clips or small claw clips to the roots at the crown of your head and sit under the dryer for a few minutes to start the drying process. This little trick will create lift and volume at your roots. You can leave the clips in as you continue drying your hair to ensure maximum volume forms at the roots.
- Blow dry your curls with a finger diffuser attachment, gently scrunching curls up towards your scalp with the diffuser as you dry. This will encourage volume in the body of your hair.
- While hair is still damp, flip your head over and diffuse upside down, still using the same scrunching motion with the diffuser. Diffusing upside down to finish the drying process will create natural lift and volume throughout your tresses. Leaving the clips at the roots for the whole drying process will aid the roots in lifting up off the scalp to create even more volume. Remove the clips when hair is completely dry.
Visit the Pantene Facebook page for more info on these curl-friendly products and look out for more videos with tips this week on how to get the looks by Tippi yourself!
Pantene Pro-V How To: Type 3 Hair
Pumping up the volume for limp curls
Products in this video:
- Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Shampoo
- Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Natural Conditioner
- Pantene Pro-V Fine Hair Solutions Anti-Breakage Detangler
- Pantene Pro-V Normal-Thick Style Flowing Body Mousse
- Pantene Pro-V Curly Hair Style Curl Shaping Gel
See more Videos
Get more tips and tricks for your curls, coils and waves on NaturallyCurly’s YouTube channel.