Tips for detangling and styling coily hair with Beautiful Textures.
Let’s be honest: coily hair is awesome. This particular pattern holds a great two-strand twist and can be molded into the coolest styles. However, it is also prone to dryness and serious tangling issues. Try these tips for easy coily styling using products from the Beautiful Textures line.
Keep Coils Healthy
- Add conditioner to your shampoo. Complete your first wash with just shampoo, then add a small scoop of conditioner to your second wash to help begin the detangling process. Your goal is to separate any snags. Try: Tangle Taming Shampoo with Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner.
- Use a wide tooth comb and a paddle brush. Detangling can sometimes be a feat, so start with a wide tooth comb and finish with a paddle brush.
- Do smaller twists. Ever wonder why your hair is always frizzy after you’ve spent quite a bit of time twisting? You’re not twisting small enough. Twists should be the size of a small permanent marker. Try: A combination of Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Crème + Curl Control Defining Pudding.
- Kinky gals are notorious for missing scheduled trims. Zig-zag patterns can tend to hide split ends, so make sure to get a routine trim every 3 to 4 months. You at-home pros should blow out your tresses before trimming, but make sure to apply a protective serum to avoid heat damage. Try: Curly to Straight Flat Iron Silkener.
- Stretch kinks for better definition. Use your blow-dryer on a medium to high setting to gently to loosen your naturally tight pattern and stretch your tresses while dry. Run the blow dryer quickly across your roots in sections.