Many curlies are concerned about using products containing silicones, for fear of having to use a harsh sulfate shampoo to wash the 'cones out.
However, many curlies have found that there are a couple of cones that they can reasonably tolerate without buildup: amodimethicone and dimethicone. So we've put together a list of CurlTalkers'recommendations for conditioners that do contain one or the other of these 'cones but not others.
- Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-in
- Mixed Chicks Leave-In
- Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship
- TIGI Bed Head Self Absorbed Conditioner
- Herbal Essences Totally Twisted
- Ouidad Moisture Lock
- Miss Jessie's Creme de la Creme
- Dove Advanced Care Therapy Conditioner
- Yes to Carrots
- Beyond the Zone Noodle Head Soften Your Curls Curly Hair Conditioner
If you get to feeling like you've got build up, regardless of what products you're using, try these natural cleansing methods: baking soda or apple cider vinegar rinse — both work to remove dirt and build up.