Increase shine, eliminate frizz and more with this seasonal hair rinse.
With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it is sometimes easy to get caught up in what is going on in our day-to-day lives and forget about treating our hair with the attention that it deserves. But treating our hair well with deep conditioning treatments and hair rinses will help it to grow longer faster, prevent shedding or hair loss, increase shine, eliminate frizz, and the list just goes on!
So, because your hair is truly our niche of expertise, and fall is right around the corner, we have an awesome hair rinse you have to try, right now!
Apple cider will soon be the drink of the season, so why not make a rinse out of the plethora that will exist at the grocery store? This apple cider and vinegar rinse will help to rejuvenate your hair and get it back to looking healthy and full of life!
Making an Apple Cider & Vinegar Hair Rinse
The apple cider and vinegar hair rinse is a simple way to restore the healthy sheen that you desire as well as remove unwanted hair build up. No matter how well you take care of your hair, or how high quality the ingredients are in the products that you use on a regular basis, shampoos and conditioners still leave build up behind.
This hair rinse is an easy at home rinse that gives you the option of using products typically found in your kitchen to enhance your beautiful curls. It will also help to balance the PH levels of your hair and kill bacteria that may be caused from buildup left behind by your products.
What You’ll Need
- Apple cider vinegar
- Distilled water
- Plastic bottle for storing the concoction
- A clarifying shampoo like CURLS Pure Curls Clarifying Shmpoo
- You must create the actual rinse. Take 1/3 cup of the apple cider vinegar and mix it together with 1 quart of distilled water. You can store this in any type of container that you have, such as a plastic water bottle that will hold the mixture. Keep the bottle in your shower or bath so you’ll be ready to do the rinse any time.
- Shampoo then apply. Start by shampooing your hair and rinsing the shampoo out very well. After that, you will then apply the apple cider vinegar mixture to your hair and scalp. Be careful not to get the mixture in your eyes because it may burn. Leave the rinse on your hair and scalp for between 30 seconds to a minute and then rinse out with cold water. The cold water will help seal the hair shaft leaving your hair with more shine!
- Towel dry your strands. The last thing you need to do is towel dry your hair. The vinegar smell will disappear shortly and you’ll be left with healthy, shiny hair!
Load up on homemade hair treatments created and tested by users just like you!
The apple cider vinegar hair rinse is a great way to get your hair looking healthy again. You can even turn this rinse into an herbal rinse by adding lavender, rosemary, lemon, or rose essential oils to it. This rinse can be used on a weekly basis if you choose.
Before starting this process, it is important to keep in mind that if you have color-treated hair or processed hair, it is advised to use an alternative method. This is suggested because the acetic acid in the rinse is a harsh clarifier and will strip you hair of color.
If your strands aren’t color-treated, try it out and let us know how much those curls of yours love it!
This entry was posted on Friday, September 16th, 2011 at 8:00 am and is filed under Care Methods, Clarifying. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.