Protect your curls from fall weather with the new Monoi line from Carol's Daughter.
As summer winds down and fall temperatures begin to set in, it is about time to address the summer hair damage to your curls with a fall routine that will have your tresses blessing your name as the harsh winter months set in.
This fall, functional protection is the way to go! Ditch the blow fryer because your hair doesn’t have the strength, and toss the tools because you don’t need to lose any of that bulk!
Fall is all about protecting your curls in the most functional way possible—and with the new Monoi line from Carol's Daughter, we can show you how!
Fall Care for Summer Hair Damage
Depending on your hair texture, you may need to wash your hair and follow this routine either more or less often. Work with your texture to get the best results: Type 2 will need to wash more often, Type 4 less often. Repeat the following process every time you wash your hair.
- Deep conditioner: Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask
- Oil: Carol's Daughter Macadamia Heat Protection Gloss
- Shampoo: Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Sulfate-Free Shampoo
- Conditioner: Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Conditioner
- Leave-in: Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave In Conditioner
- Holding product: Carol's Daughter Hair Balm
- Apply a deep conditioner or oil to dry hair. Cover with a plastic cap and heat cap it for 15 minutes. Hop in the shower and rinse.
- Thoroughly saturate hair with water and divide into two sides. Cleanse the hair with shampoo, one side at a time, and rinse thoroughly.
- Apply conditioner to both sides in a smoothing motion. Pass your head back under the water for a few seconds to distribute the conditioner better and add slip. Clip hair up and out of the way for the rest of the shower.
- Before you get out, take down the right side of your hair and detangle it, using your fingers, while your hair is under the water stream. Follow up with the left side. If the conditioner is washed away and tangles are left, add more conditioner and repeat. The power of the water stream and the slip of the conditioner should make detangling a breeze.
- Hop out of the shower and blot away moisture with a t-shirt. Apply a leave-in conditioner, oil and product.
Browse all Carol's Daughter curly hair products and see what women like you have to say about the experience.
You don't have to take our word for it that this routine and those products will nurse your damaged summer locks back to health.