Let your curls stand out this holiday party season!
The holiday party season is upon us, so it’s time to start thinking about your own company party. Whether you work in corporate America or retail, your hair should always be a reflection of who you are. Make sure your hair represents who you are while you mingle with your coworkers. Let your curls spread some holiday cheer!
If your company holiday party is a casual event, you may want to opt for curly hair styles with less fuss, more fun! Keeping it simple will take away the stress of doing your hair so you can focus on the festivities.
- Don't overdo your 'do! You don’t want to be the center of attention because people are talking about your drastic new hair style! If you normally wear it super curly, try stretching your curls. If you wear looser curls try a bit tighter spirals
- You want to enjoy the party so make sure your style is not going to get in the way. Mix and mingle with your coworkers while letting your hair be your main accessory. Pull a bit of hair off your face and add a headband or hair pin if you like.
- Type 2 (wavy) If you have fine curls, try boosting the volume! Start with a volumizing shampoo like Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo to add some volume while cleansing. Add a light moisturizer or mousse once your hair is clean and use a diffuser to speed up the drying process.
- Type 3 (curly) Your main concern may be keeping frizz at bay, especially if you’re not working with freshly washed hair. Add a leave-in conditioner like Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion to revive your curls and keep the frizz at bay.
- Type 4 (kinky) When you’re trying to stretch your hair without heat, your best option is to twist large sections of your hair prior to your event. Use a pomade like Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade on dry hair to increase softness while giving you the length you desire.
Tips - You can add some pizazz to your normal style and still keep true to yourself. Add a bit of glosser to your finished look to boost the shine factor. To maintain the look if you’re wearing your hair down, you can “pineapple” before bed by pulling your hair up into a very high, loose ponytail.