If you plan on attending a formal affair, you’re probably planning a big, fancy hairstyle will cost you time and money. Why pay big bucks on a hairstyle that you can get at home? You’ve already got one thing going for you: beautiful naturally curly hair. Now all you need is an idea for a quick and easy curly updos that you can rock at that formal affair.
Curly Half Updo
For this hairstyle, all you’ll need is a comb, hair spray, a hair clip and hair serum. It’s fantastically easy and elegant enough for your next formal event. Style your hair when it is already dry to make it easier to tease your hair.
- Divide your hair into two parts, top and bottom. They do not have to be equal, and I actually prefer more hair on the bottom than on the top.
- Use your comb to comb through the top portion of your hair. Comb it without combing through to your scalp. You want to smooth it out before you tease it.
- Using the comb, tease the top portion of your hair by combing it backwards. Once you have a nice bump, secure the top of your hair with a hair clip.
- Mist your bump with hairspray for a good hold that will last through your event.
- Type 2 (Wavy): For this style to look elegant, try to stay away from gels that will make your hair crunchy. Instead, use a light, foamy product that will dry quickly to mold your waves. Apply this product to the bottom of your hair and you’re good to go!
- Type 3 (Curly) Use a humidity-fighting product combined with a strong hold styler that will secure your curls for the night, and be sure to seal your bottom curls with a frizz-fighting serum.
- Type 4 (Kinky) Teasing can be damaging for kinky hair, so if you’re hesitant about teasing, simply tap your hair with the comb, as opposed to backward combing. Secure it with hairspray, and then seal your bottom curls with a good serum or your favorite hair butter.