Take your curls for a style spin with these sleek and simple twists.
Want to rock your curls with a twist on traditional style? Well, go ahead and embrace those curls and get a little twisted! Carefree and effortless, curly twist hairstyles can easily offer a change in your everyday hair routine and put your curls on the center stage. Happy styling!
Let Your Curls Down
This style focuses on one of the hottest hair trends, the twisted headband. Who knew something so easy could be so chic! Of course, you could always opt for a traditional headband, but creating one with your own curls is way cooler!
- Starting with the front twist take a section of hair above your ears and two-strand twist to the ends. Bring that twisted section across to the opposite side and pin behind your ear. Repeat this on the other side.
- Let your curls hang loose in the back. The emphasis on this style is casual chic, so you don’t have to worry with getting the curls perfect. Sometimes it’s easier to just let them do their own thing!
- Type 2 (Wavy): If you have finer curls, try scrunching your hair with a microfiber towel like the Curls Like Us Curl Cloths. This will help reduce frizz and even cut your drying time down! Using a light-hold gel like DevaCurl AnGEL will give you definition, curl control and shine.
- Type 3 (Curly): You may want a bit of length with this style, so try dry twisting the back section in four to eight chunky twists. Adding an oil-based moisturizer while twisting will help smooth and stretch the hair; try Jane Carter Solution Nourish & Shine to impart shine and moisture.
- Type 4 (Kinky): This style looks great on a twist out, whether it’s a fresh or a week old! To get both hold and to keep frizz at bay, try twisting with Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter. This multitasking product will give you soft hold and amazing curl definition.
Tip – You don’t have to sacrifice sleep for this style! Use a satin scarf to keep the front twists smooth while you sleep. You can also keep the front twists pinned and pull the back up in a high ponytail for second or third day hair.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 2nd, 2011 at 12:00 pm and is filed under hairstyles. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.