Tips for great curl care – straight from the source
We caught up with some of the world’s top celebrity hairdressers backstage at New York’s Fall Fashion Week 2011 to get their tips and advice for making curly hair look its best, both on the runways and at home.
Allen Ruiz backstage at New York’s Fall Fashion Week 2011
1. “Product is key, remember you want product with both “slip” and “grip” meaning something with moisture to keep curls soft and frizz-free and something with “hold” or “grip” to keep curls defined.”
2. “The less you touch the hair with your hands, the more natural your curl will appear. Touching the hair causes it to frizz.”
3. “Diffuse the hair until it’s 85% dry using a diffuser with “fingers” so that you don’t actually have to touch the hair with your hands. Let the hair air dry the remaining 15% for a really natural, soft finish.”
Ouidad working her curl magic
1. “In addition to using conditioner, make sure you use a once a week deep treatment like Ouidad 12 Minute Deep Treatment Intensive Conditioner.”
2. “Don’t wash your hair every single day. Shampoo twice a week at the most.”
3. “Use a styling product in damp hair that is going to control frizz and define curls. I recommend Ouidad Climate Control Gel.”
This entry was posted on Friday, February 18th, 2011 at 5:57 pm and is filed under Fashion, Home. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a comment. Pinging is currently not allowed.