Three natural ingredients that can help you get the picture perfect curls of your dreams.
Have you ever searched high and low for the perfect recipe to make your favorite dish, but when you try it, it just doesn't turn out quite right? Finding the right recipe for happy, healthy curls is like that sometimes. There are so many different hair care products with mountains of ingredients and seems it like half of them are impossible to pronounce! Here are three, simple natural ingredients that can help you get the defined, moisturized, picture perfect curls of your dreams.
- Coconut oil is great for healthy curls, because it has the ability to be absorbed by the hair on a molecular level. It naturally conditions, treats dandruff and dry scalp while also helping hair to retain moisture.
- Silk protein is the perfect ingredient to strengthen and condition hair. Its powerful water retention properties make it the perfect match for thirsty curls.
- Neem oil is rich in vitamin E, fatty acids and emollients, making it superb at soothing dry, itchy scalp and promoting hair growth.
The Curl & Shine Hair Kit
Wouldn't it be great if this recipe for shiny defined, moisturized curls was wrapped up nicely like a box of brownie mix? Actually, it is! Shea Moisture’s Curl & Shine Hair Kit provides moisture, body and shine to naturally enhance curls.
The kit is a recipe for curly success using coconut oil to hydrate and protect hair against the elements and heat damage, with silk protein to reduce breakage, strengthens hair and create a silky frizz-free finish. To frost that cake, Curl & Shine products also have Neem oil to relieve dry scalp and encourage hair growth while providing brilliant shine.
The kit is ideal for all types of natural hair, as well as transitioning or chemically treated tresses. “We created our Transition & Repair and Curl & Shine hair kits over a year ago for women who were searching for a place to start when transitioning — to help them embrace their natural hair," says founder & CEO of Shea Moisture Richelieu Dennis. "We specially formulated the products with natural, nourishing ingredients to support hair and scalp health during the grow-out process. We also wanted the products to feel luxurious and smell wonderful; there’s no reason product for transitioning and curly hair shouldn’t be a pleasure to use.”
- Curl & Shine Shampoo: The Curl & Shine Shampoo is a sulfate-free cleanser that moisturizes and defines curls while restoring body and shine. It was named a Best Shampoo in "Natural Homes & Garden."
- Curl & Style Milk: The Curl & Style Milk is an ideal daily moisturizer and leave-in conditioner that detangles, conditions and gives hair body and shine.
- Hold & Shine Moisture Mist: The Hold & Shine Moisture Mist is hairstyle refresher that revitalizes curls and imparts a high-gloss shine while providing light hold and hydration and minimizing frizz.
- Curl Enhancing Smoothie: The Curl Enhancing Smoothie is for enhancing and defining natural curls while providing light hold, moisture and shine, while reducing frizz. It is ideal for all types of curly hair, including wash-and-go styles, braidouts or twist-outs.
You can also rest assured that these Shea Moisture Curl & Shine products are not tested on animals and are free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, paraffin, DEA, propylene glycol, formaldehyde, mineral oil, artificial color and synthetic fragrances.You can find this box of moisture, body and shine for your curls at Walgreens stores and Walgreens.com.