Keep your hair beautiful and frizz-free with SheaMoisture during this sizzling Summer season.
Summer is almost here and with it comes a bevy of outdoor activities and fun. But how to keep your hair beautiful and frizz-free during this sizzling season while protecting it from the damaging effects of environmental stressors such as sun, heat and saltwater?
- Check the oil, baby! While on the beach protect your curls from the sun's damaging rays, that can dry hair and fade color, by spritzing on SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Elixir (4 oz.; $9.99; Walgreens.com). This all-natural oil-based leave-in treatment with unrefined, “raw” Shea butter, argan oil and sea kelp hydrates and seals in moisture while reducing frizz and providing a high gloss shine.
- Be a mad hatter! Sport a chic sun hat to help to keep hair and skin shielded from UV rays, while protecting color and moisture. Sun hats come in all colors, patterns, shapes and fabrics, so have fun selecting hats that complement your style and wardrobe.
- Detox those tresses! After swimming in a pool or the ocean, immediately wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo such as SheaMoisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo (12 oz; $9.99; Walgreens.com) to remove chlorine or salt, which can cause dryness and damage, leaving locks brittle. This sulfate-free shampoo also gently washes away product buildup for healthier curls.
- Moisture, moisture, moisture! After being exposed to the heat and sun, replenish moisture in your hair by applying a hydrating leave-in treatment and daily moisturizer, such as SheaMoisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk (8 oz.; $9.99; Walgreens.com), which softens, promotes manageability and shine. Every two weeks do a deep conditioning to help rejuvenate your locks. SheaMoisture Anti-Breakage Masque (12 oz.; $9.99; Walgreens.com), intensely moisturizes, aids in minimizing breakage and supports healthy hair growth. Apply to wet hair after shampooing, place hair under a plastic cap and apply moderate heat for up to 30 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Why don’t we sleep on it? Sleep on a satin pillowcase to lock in moisture, protect your hairstyle and prevent breakage while helping to nourish hair that’s been exposed to the harsh summer weather. Cotton is naturally absorbent. Natural moisture and conditioning creams will likely disappear overnight. Natural satin fibers are woven to create a surface that forms a gentle shield. We love Neero & Ana’s luxurious Satin Pillowcases. Available at NeeroAna.com.
Following these simple SheaMoisture tips will help you put your best face (and hairstyle!) forward for a summer of beauty bliss… Your curls will be bouncy, shiny and soft to the touch.