Ever since the punk-inspired Met Gala we've been gushing over this hairstyle. It creates the illusion of the shaved undercut, without any of the commitment! This tutorial was inspired by Miranda Kerr, but we've seen stars from Jennifer Aniston to Cara Delevigne rocking the same style. It consists of two French braids along the side of the head, so French braiding will be the only technique you need for this. Pin them at the base of the neck and wear the rest of your natural waves down for a glamorous effect. If you're going to a formal event, you can run a curling wand through a few of the pieces for more controlled waves (but this step is totally optional!).
What You'll Need
How Miranda Got The Look:
Miranda Kerr's hairstylist David Keough shared how he played with Miranda's "signature style of glamourous...but infused some rocker by adding two braids on the side, which wrapped around and tucked underneath the nape of the neck."
- While hair is wet, create a deep side part. Use Davines For Wizards No. 8 Quick Setting Hard Gel throughout the hair to create a solid hold.
- On the side opposite the direction of the part, create 2 sections and french braid each section parallel to one another, wrapping them down around the head. Tapering down to the nape, tie them off and tuck them under the rest of the hair.
- Apply quite a bit of the gel mixed with the Davines For Wizards No 3 Universal Mattering Mousse throughout the rest of the hair as it creates longevity for keeping the looks. (Mixing the products is a trick Keough likes to use.) Layer with Davines OI/OIL for ultimate shine.
- With the remaining unbraided hair, blow dry with a round brush.
- Using a 1 inch curling iron, separate and curl large sections. Pin them up and let hair cool down, while makeup gets done.
- Pull the hair out and spray roots with a bit of Davines For Wizards No. 14 Sea Salt Primer, for a bit of lift and blow dry a touch.
- Finish off with Davines Defining Invisible Hair Spray to lock the look in.
Want to embed this tutorial?