What does a Brazilian Blowout do to your curls, and what can you expect? Find out here.
Chances are you've heard the buzz about Brazilian Blowouts, but if you still don't know quite what to expect, here's a quick guide!
What It Does
The treatment improves the condition of the hair by creating a protective protein layer around the hair shaft, which eliminates frizz and smoothes cuticles.
What This Means
The key for curlies here is that you can keep your curls but lose the frizz. Our co-founder Michelle Breyer gets Brazilian Blowouts regularly to decrease her frizz, and she loves that her hair "no longer frizzes up like it used to, which is a miracle in this humidity. It looks much healthier now!"
What to Expect
- Your certified Brazilian Blowout stylist will shampoo your hair with A specially formulated Professional Anti- Residue Shampoo to prepare your hair for optimal smoothing results.
- After towel drying, the stylist will divide your hair into sections and begin applying the solution through each section of the hair from root to top; lightly dusting each section with a brush.
- Solution will surround each hair shaft with protective protein layers to smooth and flatten the cuticle.
- The stylist will then blow dry your hair as straight as possible with a round brush.
- Once the hair is dry, your stylist will divide the hair into four sections and use a flat iron to further de-frizz the hair in 1 – 1 3/4 inch sections.
- Once complete, your stylist will rinse the hair (no shampoo), towel-dry and apply the Acai Deep Conditioning Masque to further seal in the formula. After 60 seconds, the stylist will rinse and towel dry your hair.
- The Acai Daily Smoothing Serum is then applied to detangle and smooth hair for the final blow dry.
- Last, the stylist will blow dry the hair straight and style as desired.
- You can expect the results to last for 12 weeks.
Keep Your Curls, Lose the Frizz
Between now and October 31st, you can enter for a chance to win a FREE smoothing treatment & set of aftercare products!
Just LIKE us on Facebook AND leave a comment answering the question of the week!