During certain times of the year, when I’m a little lax on my regular trims and daily moisturizing rituals, my high-porosity hair ultimately protests by presenting me with a wild halo of frizz that no amount of fine-mist spritzing will tame. When this happens, I need to reach for hair products with intense hydrating capabilities, and I must schedule a trim. To tide me over until my next salon visit, I decided to test out Wonder Curl Restoring Hair Treatment.
While Wonder Curl Restoring Hair Treatment was created for tight curl patterns, looser curlies and wavies who have a lot of dryness and frizz can use it, too. So, if you live in an all-curly household, you will be happy to know that it can work wonders for everyone. The product is vegan and cruelty-free (not tested on animals). Some of the key ingredients include:
- Olive oil to smooth, moisturize, and help mend brittle, fraying ends.
- Avocado to reduce hair shedding and help to seal in moisture.
- Shea butter for softness and elasticity.
- Tamanu oil to make hair stronger and more resilient. Tamanu oil also promotes a healthy scalp, and contains antifungal properties.
- Vitamins E, C, B3, and B6 to protect hair and scalp from damaging free radicals.
- Vitamin B5 (panthenol) to make hair stronger and provide curls with structure and support.
- Fatty alcohols which contain good slip for aid in detangling. They also improve manageability.
- Botanical extracts to help promote the health of the hair and scalp.
To get the best results with Wonder Curl Restoring Hair Treatment, use it with heat.
- After washing or co-washing hair, apply the treatment in sections.
- Rake through, and then use your fingers, and a wide-toothed comb to detangle. If you have high-porosity hair and have difficulty moisturizing all the layers at the back of your head, flip your head over and rake through your curls.
- Cover your head with a plastic shower cap, and then put on a Hot Head that you have heated in the microwave, or a hooded hair dryer attachment with the hair dryer set to medium heat.
- If your hair is very dry or damaged, leave the treatment on for 30 minutes. You can leave the treatment on for 15 minutes if you are using it just to maintain hair health.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water, and then style as usual.
The first thing I noticed about the product when I opened the jar was its rich, luxurious texture. It was thick enough to cling to my strands while I massaged it into the dry ends, but not too thick to impede distribution. It had a wonderful slip which got out the knots and tangles easily. I was able to do finger detangling over most of my head, and only needed to use a wide-toothed comb for a small section at the crown. I used the product with a Hot Head, and it penetrated my strands well, leaving them hydrated. I was able to skip my usual leave-in, and just scrunched in a bit of mousse, and ended up with bouncy, shiny curls that kept their shape. Refreshing was much easier, too. I just lightly misted a few errant curls that had lost their definition with water and scrunched in some mousse and I was good to go.
Have you tried Wonder Curl Restoring Hair Treatment? What do you love the most about it? For more Wonder Curl products click here.