As the temperatures continue to drop, we usually find ourselves left with a dry, dull, static cling magnet of a mane. Paul Labrecque, celebrated hair stylist and colorist, believes winter should be a beautiful hair season for EVERYONE!
Have you tried Paul Labrecque products? Share your reviews!
As the owner of three award-winning New York City-based salon and spas, Paul Labrecque has become a renowned style-maker for a veritable “who’s who” of movie and television stars, musicians, socialites and other celebrities, including Anne Hathaway, Reese Witherspoon, Tyra Banks, Kelly Ripa and Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. Recognized by "Vanity Fai" as one of the country’s Top 3 Stylists, Paul Labrecque has offered the best of the best to his beauty-savvy clientele for more than 20 years.
Here are Paul’s top tips for fabulous hair this winter:
Battling the Elements:
Hair that is healthy when you leave the house always wins the fight against Mother Nature!
- Massage hair with a hydrating shampoo like Paul Labrecque Daily Shampoo. Follow up with Paul Labrecque Daily Conditioner. The moisturizing effects of the sweet tea and dead sea mud in these products will help protect your hair.
- Always use a leave in (such as Paul Labrecque Repair Style) aloe vera enriched cream. This fills the cuticles, making the hair less susceptible to damage.
- Air dry or blow dry hair using a grooming control cream. Round Boar Bristle Brushes should be used when blow drying hair. Each stroke releases the hair’s natural sebum oil to condition and polish, promoting stronger, softer, hair full of radiant anti-static shine.
- Never go outside with wet hair. Your locks can freeze, which leads to breaking.
Combat Flyaways and Static:
Cold air outside plus dry heat inside is not a favorable equation for your locks!
- Having a humidifier in the home will help hydrate your skin and hair as you sleep
- Get rid of nylon and plastic bristle brushes that intensify static.
- After hair is dried, spray a soft finishing spray (such as Paul Labrecque Straight Finish) into a Boar Bristle Flat Brush and brush through to evenly distribute. This will keep static at bay, without weighing hair down.
Condition, Condition, Condition!
- Paul Labrecque Repair Condition Treatment with lemongrass is the perfect tool to add to your regimen once weekly. This intensive conditioning treatment is formulated to strengthen and restore hair's natural luster and vitality. Simply massage into the scalp and hair to invigorate the natural oil flow and let sit with a shower cap for 30 minutes.
Don’t Compromise Style:
You can still have fun with your hair, really!
- A chignon or soft, low pony keeps hair looking stylish and are less likely to get ruined by the wind.
- Using Paul Labrecque Straight Finish will help keep these updos in place with a soft touchable hold.
- Ear muffs keep you warm, without messing with your tresses. If you would rather sport a hat, make sure it fits and that it is cleaned regularly.