An interview with Jasmine Lawrence Founder and CEO of EDEN BodyWorks.
NC: Do you have any tips for women who are considering going natural or for new curlies?
JL: Here are some things that I like to keep in mind when styling and maintaining my own curly hair!
- Trim ends every 4-6 weeks. This helps reduce damage caused by split ends.
- When moisturizing your hair don’t neglect your scalp. Massage your preferred moisturizer into your scalp and down your hair shafts.
- When braiding or pulling back your hair, try to avoid too much tension on your hairline.
- After washing your hair rinse with warm/cool water to seal in moisture. I also recommend detangling the ends, working your way up towards the root or finger detangling before combing.
- For all textures, I recommend sleeping with a silk scarf or satin pillowcase. It’s a great way to avoid the “friction” caused by cotton pillowcases, which can cause frizz and lead to breakage.
NC: Do you have a "suggested style" or a "featured style" to use wear with these products? What’s one of your favorite looks to do with your products? Can you tell us how to get this look with your products?
JL: Our products work well with almost any style, from wash and go’s, to twists and twist outs, locs, braids and straight or relaxed styles. I personally love rocking twists using the JojOba Monoi Hair Milk. After washing and drying my hair, I part the hair into small sections and apply the hair milk to each section prior to twisting. After twisting the hair, I apply a coconut mousse and blow dry for a few minutes. This leaves my hair soft and bouncy.
NC: Anything else you would like to add?
JL: Using products formulated with natural ingredients is another step in embracing a healthier lifestyle, from the top down. I always encourage women make their “hair product choices” like we do with our food – read the labels and do what works best for you! Don’t forget to drink to plenty of water… it’s the best source for MOISTURE!
NC: Tell us where we can connect with your brand.
JL: Join the conversation about healthy hair with @edenbodyworks on Twitter. Don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter on our website, www.edenbodyworks.com and “LIKE” our fan page EDENBlog on Facebook.
NC: Where are your products available?