While traveling this summer, I ran out of leave in conditioner and wanted to switch it up once again.
Before, I had been using DevaCurl Supercream Coconut Curl Styler as a leave-in for the past couple of months and was loving it. While I loved this product, it was a bit expensive. Therefore I wanted to switch to something new and a bit cheaper. For cleansing, I have been using Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare duo products and have been wanting to try one of their leave in products for awhile, so I decided to try out their Hair Milk Leave-In Moisturizer ($12). You can buy this product pretty much anywhere. This is what I thought of the product.
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave-in Moisturizer
- Once I got out of the shower, I used a little over a quarter size amount of product.
- Then, like always, I gently finger-combed the product thoroughly through my sopping wet curls. The product itself is white and truly milky in consistency. I liked how easy it was to distribute and apply.
- After applying a leave-in, I paired it with my all time favorite crème gel by Bounce Curl, and applied it the same way. With both products lightly and evenly distributed, I then plopped my curls for about 10 minutes.
- After plopping, I let down my curls and gently scrunched them before diffusing them dry.
Once my curls were voluminous and dry, the first thing I noticed was how soft my curls were. Surprisingly, they felt even softer than when I just use the Bounce Curl Gel by itself. Additionally, I was pleasantly surprised with how well it paired with the styling gel, in that, my curls neither felt weighed down, heavy, nor crunchy. My curls were defined beyond my satisfaction as well as made my curls smell amazing. While the scent present, it is light and lovely. Furthermore, while this product is not a 2 and 1, like I typically go for in the warmer seasons, if I feel like my curls are drying out this summer, I know what leave-in to use to support and give my curls that desired moisture this summer.
While this product is a bit pricy, it is way cheaper than Devacurl and it does last since you only need to use a little. Regarding sizes, there are two options: 2 ounces or 8 ounces. Depending on your hair length, if you have short curls like me, the 8-ounce will last you for several months.
I would definitely recommend this product to curlies with my hair type.
- it lasts a long time for 8 ounces
- it has a lovely scent
- it is easy to distribute and apply
- it doesn’t leave your curls feeling heavy, weighed down, or crunchy
- it deeply moisturizes, adds softness, prevents frizz, and gives great definition to your curls
- it is for all curl types
- it is paraben, petroleum, and mineral-oil free
- it is pricey
Have you tried Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-in?
What was your experience with this product like? Do you like Carol’s Daughter products in general? Let me know in the comment section below.
Read the reviews and visit SHOP NaturallyCurly to purchase this product.