Hello curly community! This is Nina Sultan. It has been about a year since my last video on my morning routine. Since then, it has changed so I thought it was time to make an updated video. Not only will I show you my current morning routine, but also my nighttime routine.
As you may know, I am trying to transition to using all-natural products for my skin and hair. The products that I mention below are likely to change in the future--right now, I have really gotten attached to using these. Almost all of the products that I use for my skin are organic or almost 100% natural and I have found these products to really help restore it back to health. I hope you enjoy this routine series and find it helpful.
- When I get up in the morning, the first thing I like to do is brush my teeth and cleanse my face with my Neutrogena Naturals: Purifying Facial Cleanser ($7 at Target).
- Then, I rinse it off and apply my oil-free moisturizer. The one that I am into right now is the Alba Botanica: Hawaiian Oil Free Moisturizer ($11.19 at Target). I apply it with a finger dab amount to both sides of my cheeks, forehead, t-zone, and neck.
- Next, wash my hands and apply my makeup. I will have a separate series on that coming soon to my channel!
- Once I’ve finished applying my makeup, I wash my hands thoroughly and then begin to refresh my curls. My curl routine has not really changed all that much.
- First, I make my curl refreshing spray and put it in a spritz bottle. This consists of water that has been diluted with a few drops of an essential oil. Lately, I have really been into using grapefruit essential oil. Once I’ve made my spray, I shake it well so that my spray is mixed thoroughly.
- I then gently take off my hair tie and let my hair down from the pineapple hairstyle.
- Then, I massage my scalp, gently shaking my curls all around my head. Once I’ve shaken up my curls a little bit, I lightly spritz the roots and ends of my hair and continue to shake them to allow the spray to evenly distribute. Once I’ve finished applying my spray, I wash my hands once again, have some coffee, and I am ready to begin my day!
After my day is over, I start off by using my Neutrogena: Makeup remover cleansing towelettes Night calming ($7) to remove my makeup.
Once my makeup is off, I wash my hands and gather my curls to the top of my head where I put my curls back into the pineapple hairstyle.
- I then brush my teeth and cleanse my face with my exfoliating Neutrogena Naturals: Acne Foaming Scrub ($8.61 at Walmart).
- Once I’ve finished gently exfoliating my face, I then rinse that off and apply my organic toner.
- I take a few cotton rounds and gently apply the toner all around my face and neck. The toner that I have been using lately is the one by Thayers: Alcohol-free Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera ($11.96 at Walmart). Finally, I apply my Alba Botanica: Hawaiian Oil Free Moisturizer once again.
Once that is complete, I am ready for bed. That’s all there is to it!
What are your morning and night routines like? How do you like refresh your curls for the day? What skin care products are you into right now? Let me know in the comment section below.