Products I use:
I highly recommend this cleansing shampoo. I love that it cleanses my hair without stripping away my moisture and natural oils. It gently but deeply cleanses to remove dirt, excess oil, and product build-up.
Deep conditioning is a crucial step in my routine as it prepares my hair for styling. It is infused with cocoa butter, mango butter, and raw honey, gliding through knots and tangles while adding moisture to bring those curls back to life.
I love ApHogee’s Curlflic because it is moisturizing to my dry day 4 or 5 hair. If your curls are on the search for a light but moisturizing product, this is your match.
Two leave-ins are not needed but it’s just my preference. One of my fav leave-in conditioners, Mixed Chicks Leave-In is great for those curlies with 3A-3C hair to provide and maintain moisture, and control my frizz.
I love to switch up my wash & go styling product with either a gel, curl definer, or even a crème. If you’re looking for serious curl definition, this is it. I’ve been using this product for over a year and it is definitely a Holy Grail for my wash & gos. It also helps to combat hair shrinkage, and a little goes a long way.
Here’s what I do:
Washing & Conditioning
- Wash my hair twice with As I Am shampoo.
- Separate hair into four sections.
- Apply a small amount of My Honey Child Honey Hair Mask from ends to roots and rake throughout the hair.
- Use my Denman Brush to detangle each section again, starting with the ends first and working my way up.
- Put my hair in a plastic heat cap and sit underneath the hooded dryer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Gently rinse out the deep conditioning, allowing more water to run down each section.
- Spray my ApHogee Curlific Leave-in throughout my hair; I don't go overboard with using too much product.
- Apply a quarter size amount of my Mixed Chicks Leave-In and rake it through. (Remember, this is an extra step when my hair is dry, so don’t worry about purchasing two leave-ins--one is enough).
- Use my Denman Brush to distribute the product throughout my hair. Not only does this allow me to make sure my hair is saturated with product, but a raking motion with the Denman creates smooth and super-defined curls.
- Once the style is complete, I allow my hair to air dry or use my diffuser on low setting.
What does your wash day look like?