Get the kids in on this one! This is a fun way to incorporate your kids into their haircare maintenance. Use the recipes below to show your loved ones' curls some extra TLC, and teach them to love their crowning glory. You may get all of these ingredients (and even the bottles) at your local grocery store.
Moisturizing Hair Mist
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable glycerin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 drops of your fave essential oil
- 1 tablespoon rose water
- distilled water - to fill the rest of the bottle.
Combine these in an 8oz bottle, shake, and apply to second day hair.
Honey Hair Mask
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Mix the honey with the olive oil. Heat in microwave oven to melt and apply to hair, then cover head with a plastic cap for 20-30 minutes. Wash out and style as usual.
- 1 cup of your favorite conditioner
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
Mix and apply to hair in sections. Cover with a shower cap and, if possible, sit under a dryer for 15-30 minutes. Rinse, and style as usual.
- 8oz pure unrefined shea butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- coconut oil
Use a hand mixer to blend. Add a few large spoonfuls of coconut milk and whip until smooth. Add a small teaspoon of each oil and mix again.