Your daughter has just one question for you: do you want to build a snowman?
She asks you again, and again, and again. She thinks her hands have magical ice making powers, and the current weather conditions aren't helping. We'll just let her keep believing. But what do you do when your curly haired daughter comes to you with an Elsa braid on the brain? Here's what curl guru and mommy extraordinaire CurlyNikki does.
- Coconut oil (Nutiva brand-- cold pressed) pre-poo'ed for 30 minutes
- Cleansed with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa 'poo
- Conditioned with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner (I let it marinate for 5 minutes before finger detangling)
- Detangled like a boss 'cause her hair was already mostly detangled (I French braid it every night)
- Applied Giovanni Direct Leave-In + a little coconut oil and installed a gazillion Curlformers
- Allowed to air dry for 5 hours
At some point before take-down, she came to me and said, 'Mommy, I want Elsa hair'.
And LAWD if I didn't immediately go into your-hair-is-actually-way-doper-it's-the-ultimate-princess-hair #FixIt mode...
But homegirl was simply requesting a French braid or two, and that, I can do. #StillDidntGetHerThatElsaCostumeTho
This post was originally published on CurlyNikki.