What you'll need
- 1 whisk
- 1 bowl
- A few ice trays
- 1 dye applicator bottle
- 2 cups of raw aloe vera gel
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk - Gotta have the fat. My hair isn't on a diet lol. Besides it is wonderful for your hair so no need for any substitutes.
- *Optional: You can add some essential oils to the mix for fragrance or necessity. It is good to use an essential oil, such as tea tree, if you have dandruff.
- Mix both items together with a whisk.
- Pour a few ounces into a dye applicator bottle. Usually 2-4 oz is enough for most lengths of hair. Adjust the amount accordingly.
- Pour the remaining mix into ice trays. Freeze them and store in freezer safe zip lock bags.
How to apply it
- Use the dye applicator bottle to apply the solution to the scalp. Massage the scalp very well for about 1 minute.
- Apply the remaining mixture to the length of the hair. Use a smoothing motion to fully saturate your hair.
- Pin up your hair, complete your shower routine and then rinse and massage your hair and scalp clean.
This leaves the hair and scalp feeling very clean and refreshed without drying them out. This cleanser is most effective if only water soluble products are used on you hair. If you use products that are difficult to remove, it is best to use a cleanser with a mild surfactant.