If you're looking to add extra volume to your naturally curly hair, or are simply in need of a temporary new look, you can easily do so with the use of wigs, weaves and clip-ins. There are pros and cons for each of them, but the most important thing is to know how long you plan on wearing it to see which works best for you. Here are a few things to consider about each one to help you choose between wigs, weaves, and clip-ins.
• Wigs are best for when you want to change your entire look temporary with out the committment.
• Choose a wig that suits you. There are synthetic and human hair hair options depending on your budget choose the one that works for you. If it's a human hair wig you'll get the most out of by washing it regulary, even deep conditioning it.
• Even though you're wearing a wig it's important to protect your natural hair, avoid glue or tape at all costs and cleanse your scalp routinely.
• If you're dealing with hair loss whether from chemotherapy or other medical conditions a wig is a great option to invest in.
• Depending on the quality of hair, most naturals can wear wigs up to 8 weeks then take a break protective styles for 4 weeks.
• Whether you have a TWA or simply looking to try out a new style weaves are a great option that can last up to 3 months.
• Most weaves are sewed-in by hairstylists, so you would need to have a professional install for best results.
• Some weaves can add pressure to your edges, so be sure your hair braided underneath isn't too tight.
• Scalp care is essential when wearing weaves, be sure to cleanse and moisture your scalp regularly.
• Weaves are more limiting since once the hair extensions are sew-in they aren't able to
• Clips-ins are a fast way to enhance your look rather than change it.
• They can be more easily removed than weaves, so you can change them whenever you want.
• Clips are easy to blend with natural hair if you find the right texture, so they will look natural.
• They are also quick to install and remove so you can change your style from day to day with clip-ins unlike weaves.
• These are a great option for instantly adding volume to your natural hair without changing your entire style or needing to book with a hairstylist.
As a natural you have endless options when it comes to switching up your look. One of the amazing benefits of being a natural is the versatility is endless. Thouugh, they are plenty of options to choose from be sure you're caring for your natural hair and cleansing it regualry and invetsing in quality hair and blend, blend, blend.
What are some of ways you add volume to your hair or switch up your look? Let us know in the comments below.