You've got a date that you've been looking forward to all week, but bad luck breezed in with the weather. You can't call and cancel just because your hair isn't working! Here's how to wear your hair for that hot date, in maybe not-so-hot weather:
Get your bun on! Buns are so versatile; they can be elegant and chic, or sexy and messy. It doesn’t have to be a plain, out of the face, pinned up bun. Get creative! Use decorative hair pins, chopsticks or a cute flower pin that will grab his attention.
- Infinity Bun. This bun, also known as the figure eight, is chic and elegant.
- Messy Bun. The messy bun screams sexy. Let your bangs hang loose, or dress it up with a head band.
- Low Side Bun. A low bun that is off to the side can be very feminine. Tie it with a flower hair clip for a flirty look.
The key to beating humidity is to moisturize your hair and be honest with it. Don’t use a flat iron if you know it will frizz up as soon as you walk out the door. Stick to your natural hair. After all, you want him to see the real you, don’t you?
- Don’t work against your texture. Instead, use leave ins, mousse and hair spray to control frizz.
- Clip it up away from the face. In humid weather, the hair around the face tends to shrivel up the most.
- Try a half ponytail. Half ponytails are a great way to keep hair out of your face but around the neck.
You know the wind is going to blow your hair away, so don’t try anything too slick or composed. Instead, go for that tousled look that the wind will only aid!
- Get out the curling iron. Use a large-barrel curling iron to give you wide twists that the wind can blow around and increase the messy-sexy factor.
- Use the ponytail to your advantage. When you are on your way to your date, tie up your hair in a ponytail to keep the wind from tangling it too much. When you reach your destination, undo the ponytail and run through your waves with your fingertips for a quick brush through. If done right, it could give you a sexy entrance.
- Try a scarf! Tie it around your head like a head band, leaving the end to twirl in the wind with your locks.
Dry, Arid Days
Dry days can be a nightmare for curlies and wavies alike. Dry weather sucks the moisture out of our hair, leaving it flat and without volume.
- Stay away from the blow dryer. Blowing your hair dry might sound like an easy way to achieve volume, but your hair is dry enough without adding a blast of heat to it. Instead, allow your hair to dry naturally. This may mean you have to prepare ahead of time for your date, but it could be worth it!
- Seal in moisture with coconut oil. It will keep your curls or waves looking fresh for your big date.