As summer festival season comes to a close and college students have officially ran out of excuses to miss the first two Fridays of the new semester, The Meadows Music and Arts Festival gave us everything we needed to enjoy a 3-day weekend out in the New York City sun with absolutely zero regrets and all the inspiration.
Queens' Citi Field hosted the 3rd annual Meadows Festival, with timeless musical acts performing from Friday afternoon to Sunday evening such as Jay-Z, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nas, M.I.A., Erykah Badu, Future, Weezer and more. Vendors like Roberta's Pizza, Juice Press, Ramen Burger and The Nugget Spot had us covered on food and refreshments for every taste bud of NYC foodies.
The fashion crowd, for the most part, was relatively quiet and chill – probably due to fueling down from Fashion Week overload that had just ended a couple of days prior. And of course my trained eye couldn't help but notice all of the fabulous heads of wavy, curly, coily, and loc'd hair all around me in the sea of people rocking out to the shows.
Here are my favorite looks from The Meadows Music and Arts Festival 2017.
*Bonus: Read my self-care essentials for festival season below.
Devri's quick tips for festival self-care essentials:
- Eat a good meal beforehand, drink plenty of water throughout. I bring an empty water bottle and refill it every chance I get.
- Protect your ears and eyes. Earplugs and sunglasses are my besties at outdoor festivals.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Pack light but effectively. Everything in my backpack serves a purpose, especially if I'm going to be lugging it around for hours on end.
- Bring your own toilet paper. I like to pack tissue and hand sanitizer just in case the porta-potties don't give me what I need.
- Wear sunscreen. I bring a mini tube and reapply to my back, neck, hands and chest throughout the day.
- Bring an umbrella and a blanket. You need shade and a cushion when it gets too hot and your legs become sore.
Have you been to any festivals this year?
Which was your favorite?
Let us know in the comment section! We're @naturallycurly on Instagram
Follow me @devrivelazquez