This is the perfect time to shake those winter blues and step up your hairstyling options. Styling your hair does not have to be difficult in order to look fab. Check out these simply chic styles to kick off your spring time styles.
Fish Tail French Braid by @preendotme
This style is perfect for Type 2 hair. It is simple, chic and off the neck. This is how she created this look:
- Start from the right side and keeping lots of tension.
- Sprayed with Bumble and Bumble Does It All Hairspray.
- Wrap the end into the braid and tucked in the ends using bobby pins.
That’s it! She kept it smooth and simple to do.
Fine and multi-textured hair, this style is ideal for you. Roller sets are a great go-to for a style that looks better over time. I love it the most by the second and third day. Check out how @naturally_zeze achieved hers curls with perm rods.
Perm rods are super sexy and my go-to style when I want to rock a curly fro and give myself a new look!
- Shampoo hair.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair moisturized while it’s in this style.
- Part your hair into 2 halves (top & back) then further divided the 2 halves into 3 sections, making a total of 6 sections.
- Separate each section into smaller sections to twist around the perm rod. The smaller the hair twisted around the perm-rod the tighter the curl will be.
- Use mousse on each small section just before twisting around the perm rod to give the hair hold, so the style lasts longer.
- Sleep with the perm-rods overnight or you can use a dryer to speed up drying time.
- Put a little oil on your hands then slowly unraveled each perm-rod the opposite way you twisted.
- Separate each curl into 2-3 curls.
- Pick your hair from the roots to create volume.
- Place your curls where you wanted them to be.
This style can also be achieved with flexi rods or pillow rollers.
Asymmetrical Afro Tutorial by My Natural Sistas
I love this style. It is unique and super chic spring time style. Short-haired naturals with hair that is longest on the top should give this one a try.
2 Minute Rope Braid by The Freckled Fox
A nice style to showcase your face. You can wear it as is or add a few ringlets by your ears.
Flat Twist Out tutorial by Yolanda Renee
Texture and volume is what this style gives wavy hair. Hair Types 3 and 4 will enjoy the smoothness of your strands and the uniform textured curls it will produce.
Pony Hawk Tutorial by TheChicNatural
Have fun and be ready for the beach. This style can be worn anywhere.
Twisted Updo by TheChicNatural
This is a great day to night style that can be done in minutes. No need to look a mess or stress.
Box Braids by cynthikay obi
Rocking braids? No need for bland styles. Give these by Cynthykay obi a try
Finger Coils by Being Melody
This is an excellent style for highly textured curly and coily hair. It also lasts for up to a week. What’s not to love right?
Romantic Updo by Confessions of a Hairstylist
This is an excellent date night style for all hair types. The finish will look a bit different depending on how straight or curly your hair is naturally.